Overall, SEO can help your website increase traffic, not only any traffic but more targeted traffic. SEO is the key if you want to be listed in major search engines when people are looking for your products and/or services. We are in a century where the internet is the number one source for most people when searching for products and services. Without a doubt, there is no better investment than search engine optimization for your business. According to an Eye-Tracking study done by Cornell University, 56.36% of people click on the first link in a Google search, 13.45% in the second one, and 10% in the third one, so in what place do you want to be?
Benefits of Organic SEO
- By having your website search engine optimized, you assure yourself that your business stays ahead of your competition by ranking high in major search engines.
- Having your website optimized will help you get people stay longer at your website.
- With a proper SEO plan, you can increase visibility to a larger market, making your company a known player in your industry.
- Search engines are more popular than phone books.
- Organic SEO is a lot cheaper than PPC (Pay per click) and lasts longer.
- Around 80% of clicks go to organic instead of PPC. People seem to click more on organic links than PPC, thinking that the paid ads are spam.
- Targeted online structure. Target the audience you want (the ones that are looking for your products or services.)
PPC can produce results quickly, but organic will last longer.
Pay-per-click is a fast way of getting results but can be very expensive. Organic search engine optimization may be very slow to see results, since it might take up to 3 months to start seeing results, but the benefits are priceless. If you are looking to see results just for a period of time or just to market a special product or service, than PPC might be the best option for your business. Organic search engine optimization is the right option for you if you are willing to wait to see long lasting results. Ultimately, ranking #1 in Google with a given keyword won’t happen overnight.
Do you have any particular experience with organic SEO or PPC? Perhaps any questions or suggestions?