What is SEO?
SEO stands for Search engine optimization. Every webpage has to have one. An SEO takes in account how search engines work, what people look for and keywords, they also consider what search engines are most liked. SEO’s require complicated algorithms and HTML codes that have to be continuously changed so they can be “search engine friendly”. The more links and visits you have on your webpage the higher it is ranked on a search engine.
- A good SEO will bring in a superior amount of web traffic.
- If you’re selling a product it increases the sales.
- When you get to a good ranking it is dependable and long lasting.
- SEO don’t necessarily require financial investments other then the salary of the webmaster.
- It can be done at home or in a specialized company.
- It takes a long time to have a high ranking in a search engine.
- Not having the write keyword can produce a bad outcome.
- There are no guarantees methods that will give you high rankings.
- Some WebPages aren’t reliable and they buy their links.
What is SEM?
SEM stands for Search engine marketing, it distinguishes the different techniques you can use to make your Web site more detectable on a search engines so that it can stimulate more traffic to your site, this is everywhere we look. They are the propaganda or sponsored listings in our search engines. SEM is growing fast and becoming a big industry of advertising online, most are in the form of “pay per click.” SEM includes; local, multimedia and social marketing.
- You can use all the creative you want; the more eye catching advertisements are the best.
- Sponsored ads get more sales the ordinary sales.
- Augmentation in brand awareness.
- Increase Visibility for your Webpage
- Increases web traffic.
- It is displayed for an audience that is interested in your pages content.
- Getting your advertisement sponsored isn’t very easy.
- It can get expensive to keep your ad on a recognized search engine.
- SEM is a constant work; you must update your work at all times.
- Getting to a high rank takes a lot of work and creativity so you might have to hire help.
All in all, you can’t confuse them or use them interchangeably because they work together to make web searching easier for us, you can’t pick one because SEM without SEO wouldn’t be the same. Even though SEO and SEM are completely different, they can work in conjunction to make an extraordinary marketing campaign for your business weather it is to create brand awareness, promote a new service or to sell your products. So next time you search something on your favorite search engine, pay attention to how companies are using both to their benefit.